I don’t even know where to start. Obviously first and foremost, take absolutely everything with a grain of salt. That being said, both these postings here and here are INCREDIBLY detailed and specific. I like to think it’s true but that’s mainly because HOLY SHIT GAMES. On one side you’ve got Phil Spencer running Xbox now and he clearly wants to get the system back to focusing on games. On the other, Sony is packing some punch and keeping the ball rolling. So let’s kick off with the fellas at Microsoft. I’m going to bold everything that got my attention. Boy is this something else:
This info comes from the highest source and contains near full details of Microsoft E3 2014 conference. I have had corroborations from a number of sources to its legitimacy:
- Ryse 2 is in development and will be announced at the show in a real-time in-game trailer. Gone is the Roman period, enter the medieval setting. The game will offer more freedom of exploration and a refined combat system. The main character is a sell-sword of sorts with a greater destiny. This game looks beyond belief. No release date (possibly late 2016)
- Forza Horizon 2 will be announced for release in October 2014 vai Playground Games. It will once again be open world and set in Louisiana, Missisips, New Mexico, Texas and Arkansas. Full day/night cycle, real time weather. Estimated 80 hour single player.
- 343 Industries will unveil Halo 2: Anniversary. This is a full (multiplayer included) visual makeover of Halo 2, it will also include the same options as Halo Anniversary (Including both visual modes) skulls etc. It will include the E3 2003 mission as a bonus unlockable and the maps from the PC version.
- No Turn 10 this year except in supportive capacity of Playground.
- Halo 5 will get its release date.
- Rare is prepping a re-boot of Battletoads and Perfect Dark. BT will initially be a download only title (see Killer Instinct) and is set to run at 60fps. Perfect Dark is looking to be rebooted into a Third Person Adventure game – Similar to Uncharted.
- Epic will be there to unveil their new game base on the Samaritan demo from 2012. This will be XBOX ONE EXCLUSIVE as Microsoft is the publisher. Possibly the best looking game of this generation.
- Good Science Studios will unveil their Kinect Only game “EchoBlack” – The game is controlled via the use of Kinect and the player plots through an adventure game drawn as by echolocation. The vibrancy of the world depicted alters depending on the pitch, loudness and location of the players voice. No release date.
- Twisted Pixel will reveal their next digital game which is set in a sci-fantasy planet of Dekelsus. Possibly a 2.5D platformer.
- Black Tusk will have a CGI trailer for Gears of War : Lazurus which will show the direction the series is heading.
- Lift London will be showing 2 projects. They are small and digital based. No other details unfortunately.
- Lionhead will have a brief gameplay of Fable Legends and bow out with a teaser of their next project which is set in a post-cataclysmic Earth decimated by egg shaped objects (possibly aliens)
- Frontier Development is working on a family friendly Kinect title for release in 2014
- Phantom Dust : Sacrifice is being worked on by Grounding Inc and will be a prequel to the original. The game will be episodic in nature.
- Quantum Break will be out November 2014 – There is a multiplayer mode – Part 1 of a trilogy. The game has had a significant graphical upgrade since last year.
- Sunset Overdrive is aiming for release on the last weeks of August/Early September. Graphically it looks like the CG trailer and the Parkour element of the game is a mix of Sonic, Jet Set Radio and Ratchet and Clank.
- The secret Japanese game is coming from Platinum Games and is a Viewtiful Joe like action- beat em up. Codename is “RugPuddle”. This is part one of a multiple game deal with Microsoft to publish other titles in the future.
- Leap Experience Pioneers will announce their game which looks like a TPS/RPG hybrid set in a Sci-fi universe. Looks very Mass Effect inspired. COMING 2015
- Platform Next Games is a new studio. They will be presenting an unnamed tech demo based on an upcoming project (similar to Black Tusks demo last year) which appears to be set in either an ancient or fantasy setting.
- Games With Gold will be announced for Xbox One starting immediately. The aim is that it will be 1 retail game a month, 1 digital game per month of a choice of 2. This will evolve as time goes on.
- Microsoft will announce the date when retail units can be activated as development kits, it will be before October 2014.
- Crackdown: Skyline – Coming 2015 – No other info, not even the developer. Microsoft Studios.
- Multi-platforms are as follows:
The Division (Xbox One is now lead platform)
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
FALLOUT 4 ANNOUNCEMENT
EA game (not specified here)Exclusive/Time DLC on all.
FALLOUT 4! FALLOUT 4! HALO 2 REMAKE! A damn BATTLETOADS remake and a Perfect Dark remake to a third person concept a la Tomb Raider? Ridiculous! Phew. Okay. Sony, you’re up. What do you got?
- Uncharted PS4 3 Minute Trailer showcasing ”In-engine” footage interspersed with gameplay segments. Visuals are supposedly unprecedented and set a benchmark for console graphics. Summer 2015 release date. It looks absolutely stellar. Features tropical setting and differing time periods with Nate/Francis.
- Media Molecule’s new title will be a landmark title for Morpheus. 3D world building, beautiful, quirky visuals.Extremely creative and fun. Possibly related to the ”Entwined” trademark filed last week by SCE (not sure). Late 2015.
- Gran Turismo 6 is coming to PS4 as 1080p 60FPS repackaged title in the vein of Gran Turismo 7: Prologue. Stunning visuals, extra features (social connectivity, new tracks, dlc etc). Coming mid-late 2015.
- God of War 4 teaser will be present – will be CG with snippets of in-engine footage. A little early for reveal, but is designed to offset negativity surrounding canceled new IP and generate excitement – also to partially offset CG announce of Gears of War at Microsoft presser. Late 2015. Date wont be announced.
- Kill Strain trademark is related to Syphon Filter reboot for PS4. Sony Bend working on revamping the franchise. Stealth, beautiful visuals and a possible Winter 2014 title. Bend finally getting to join the big boys.
- Wipeout is also making the transition to PS4. Source is unsure of who is developing it, but hints that it could be Sony London, Evolution, or Firesprite.
- Quantic Dream has a trailer prepared – unsure whether it is penciled in for Gamescom or E3. Sony will be watching Microsoft’s presser earlier in the day to gauge whether additional titles will need to be slotted in to dampen hype. Expect Dark Sorcerer- like visuals in real time. Off-topic, but still relevant – they are close to deal to become a Worldwide Studios developer, along with Ready At Dawn.
- Speaking of Ready At Dawn, The Order:1886 will get a stage demo. Big title for Fall 2014. Sony is expecting great things from said title – franchise hopes rest on its performance.
- Ninja Theory working on a PS4 exclusive – possible Heavenly Sword sequel which was shelved a number of years ago. Quite far into development.
- Sony London will be at E3. First AAA title in many years. 3rd person title. Gorgeous. They’re back with a bang,
- Guerrilla Games bringing their RPG to E3. Provocative setting – very interesting. Insane visuals as usual. A good reaction to the title is expected. Will please the hardcore.
- Sucker Punch busy at work on an inFAMOUS: Second Son DLC. Really cool. New powers. Possible new setting. E3 debut.
- Sony Japan Studios debuting two, maybe even three titles. Project Beast – spiritual successor to Demon Souls. The other is The Last Guardian. Retooled for PS4, possible Winter 2014 title. The Other title is shrouded in secrecy.
- Evolution will give Driveclub some time in the limelight. It’s shaping up to be incredible with jaw-dropping visuals. Demo release will be timed with the press conference.
The source also mentioned that the following publishers will be on stage: Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, Konami, Capcom, Warner Bros, Activision, Square Enix, Take Two.
(Update: our source followed up to clarify that he’s actually not 100% sure if Rockstar will actually be on stage or Sony will just announce the next generation Ground Theft Auto V on their behalf)
There will also big titles announced for the Instant Game Collection, a segment on Project Morpheus, one on the Sony Entertainment Network and a re-introduction of PlayStation Now. Price drops will also be unveiled for the PS3 and PS Vita.
We’ll also see several smaller-scale, downloadable titles and some HD collections. PS Vita Vita will get some attention, but not much – as it’ll be a PS4 show. PS3 will get a montage and few new titles. Finally, the show will close with a teaser of a sequel of The Last of Us.
Wow. Unbelievable. Uncharted 4 is shaping up to be great. God of War 4. Gran Turismo finally hitting the PS4. A Syphon Filter reboot! GTA V coming to current gen! And of course, A SEQUEL TO THE LAST OF US. With all eyes looking on the two companies to get tons of games in the hands of people, E3 2014 is shaping up to possibly be the best year for gamers yet.